Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about joining with UnitedHealthcare Dental.
Click Find A Dentist.  If you cannot find what you need, please call our Member Service Representatives at 1-877-901-7321, TDD/TTY: 7-1-1.
Your Dental Home Provider is the dental office/dentist who will be assigned to you to help you with the majority of all of your dental service needs, such as exams, x-rays, cleanings, sealants, restorations and extractions. This is also where you would get a referral for other special dental needs.
Your Member Handbook will be in the mail when you enroll with UnitedHealthcare Dental. You can also download your Member Handbook in English and Spanish. Download your Member Handbook, or please call our Member Service Representatives at 1-877-901-7321, TDD/TTY: 7-1-1.
If you need to request a new member ID card, please call our Member Hotline to ask for a new one at 1-877-901-7321, TDD/TTY: 7-1-1, or login to the member website.
At UnitedHealthcare Dental, we care about your health and well-being. We are committed to help you. Call our Member Service Representatives at 1-877-901-7321, TDD/TTY: 7-1-1 to contact our Member Services Hotline.
Members in the Medicaid program do not have to pay for Medicaid covered dental services.
If you are a member in the CHIP program you might have to pay a copayment for certain covered services. This includes non-preventive services. You do not have to pay a copayment for things like exams, x-rays, cleanings, and sealants. If your child gets dental services before dental coverage with CHIP starts, you will have to pay for them.
CHIP copayments vary based on your family's income. The total amount that you have to pay cannot be more than 5% of your family's income during one enrollment period. Your copay amount is on your UnitedHealthcare Dental ID card.
CHIP covered dental services are subject to a $564 annual benefit limit unless an exception applies. You will have to pay for services that are not covered or for services over the annual benefit limit.
We want to help you and there are several ways we can do that. First, please call our Member Service Representatives at 1-877-901-7321, TDD/TTY: 7-1-1 and we will try to resolve your issue or need. If that does not help you, then the representative can help you file the Appeal or Complaint. They will also give you information on what the next steps will be in the process.
If you plan to move to another state, please contact UnitedHealthcare Dental Member Services at 1-877-901-7321, TDD/TTY: 7-1-1. Your dental benefits may end when you move out of state.
Let us know if you think a doctor, dentist, pharmacist at a drug store, other health-care provider, or a person getting benefits is doing something wrong. Doing something wrong could be waste, abuse, or fraud, which is against the law. For example, tell us if you think someone is:
- Getting paid for Medicaid services that were not given or necessary.
- Not telling the truth about a medical condition to get medical treatment.
- Letting someone else use a Medicaid Dental ID.
- Using someone else’s Medicaid Dental ID.
- Not telling the truth about how much money or resources someone has to get better benefits.
- You can report directly to UnitedHealthcare Dental Texas Medicaid: UnitedHealthcare Dental Special Investigation
- Call the OIG Hotline at 1-800-436-6184
- Visit https://oig.hhsc.state.tx.us/. Under the box labeled “I Want To,” click “Report Fraud, Waste or Abuse” to complete the online form.
Unit 170 Wood Avenue, 3rd Floor, NJ050-1000
Iselin, NJ 08830
Phone: 1-844-359-7736, TDD/TTY: 7-1-1
- You can call Member Services at 1-877-901-7321, TTY 7-1-1 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm Central Time.
- Review your member handbook.
- Visit our website at www.uhc.com/dentaltx.
Please call UnitedHealthcare Dental Member Services at 1-877-901-7321, TDD/TTY: 7-1-1. If you need help scheduling an appointment for your child. A member advocate will be available to help you.