UnitedHealthcare Dental

Helpful Websites and Resources

Medicaid and CHIP Children's Member Services

UnitedHealthcare Dental: Information and interpreters are available in many languages from 8 a.m. to
5 p.m. Monday through Friday: 1-877-901-7321 TDD/TTY 7-1-1 (for hearing impaired).

Do you need your handbook in large print, another language or braille? Please call your member Services team at 1-877-901-7321.

Provider Services Hotline : 1-800-527-1764. Information for our providers is available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Afterhours, please leave a message.

What to Do in an Emergency

Call 911 or go to the nearest hospital/emergency facility if you think you need emergency care. We have free interpreter services for people who do not speak English. You can call 911 for help in getting to the hospital emergency room. If you receive emergency services, call your doctor to schedule a follow up visit as soon as possible. Please call us and let us know of the emergency care you received. An emergency is a condition in which you think you have a serious medical condition, or not getting medical care right away will be a threat to your life, limb or sight.


Change Plans- Maximus: 1-800-964-2777

Before changing plans, please call your Member Services team and we will help you with your needs.



Since 1997, Healthfinder® has been recognized as a key resource for finding the best government and nonprofit health and human services information on the Internet. Healthfinder® links to carefully selected information and websites from over 1,700 health-related organizations.

Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services: Please call your Medicaid Managed Care Health plan. You should call 911 if you are having a life-threatening behavioral health or substance abuse emergency. You can also go to a crisis center or the nearest emergency room.

Medicaid Managed Care Helpline: 1-866-566-8989

Medicaid Managed Care Helpline TDD/TTY: 1-866-222-4306

Medicaid Enrollment Program Helpline: 1-800-964-2777

CHIP Program Helpline: 1-800-964-2777

Texas Farmworkers information: If you are a Migrant Farmworker and need dental assistance, please call your Member Service Hotline: 1-800-901-7321

Apply for State services and Food: https://hhs.texas.gov/services/food

Apply for Lone Star card: https://hhs.texas.gov/services/food/lone-star-card

Apply for SNAP or Food Bank locations: https://hhs.texas.gov/services/food/texas-food-bank-network-provider

Guide to Financial Literacy and Education resources: https://hhs.texas.gov/services/food/texas-food-bank-network-provider

Can someone from UnitedHealthcare Dental help me file an appeal?

Yes. Please call Member Services at 1-877-901-7321, TDD/TTY: 7-1-1 to ask for an appeal. Member Services will put your appeal in writing and send it to you to sign.

Fraud Information

Do you want to report waste, abuse, or fraud?

Let us know if you think a doctor, dentist, pharmacist at a drug store, other health-care provider, or a person getting benefits is doing something wrong. Doing something wrong could be waste, abuse, or fraud, which is against the law. For example, tell us if you think someone is:

  • Getting paid for Medicaid services that weren’t given or necessary.
  • Not telling the truth about a medical condition to get medical treatment.
  • Letting someone else use a Medicaid Dental ID.
  • Using someone else’s Medicaid Dental ID.
  • Not telling the truth about the amount of money or resources he or she has to get benefits.

To report waste, abuse, or fraud, choose one of the following:

  • Call the OIG Hotline at 1-800-436-6184, or
  • Visit https://oig.hhsc.state.tx.us/. Under the box labeled “I Want To,” click “Report Fraud, Waste or Abuse” to complete the online form, or
  • You can report directly to UnitedHealthcare Dental Texas Medicaid:
    UnitedHealthcare Dental Special Investigation Unit
    170 Wood Avenue, 3rd Floor,
    NJ050-1000 Iselin, NJ 08830
  • You can report directly to UnitedHealthcare Dental Texas Medicaid:
    UnitedHealthcare Dental Special Investigation Unit
    170 Wood Avenue, 3rd Floor,
    NJ050-1000 Iselin, NJ 08830
    Phone: 1-844-359-7736, TDD/TTY: 7-1-1

© 2020 United Healthcare Services, Inc. | Privacy Edited | Terms of Use | Language Assistance/Non Discrimination Notice | Accessibility